Sunday 6 November 2011

AEDM D6


Well, today has been more productive :)

I've been making Midwinter/Christmas cards ready for a workshop at the Cubby Hole. unfortunately as they are demo pieces, and some of those attending have been known to read my blog I can't show them yet.

So, rather than have a blank post, I'll add yet another 'Work in Progress'.
This is a tone painting based on now of my photo's from a trip to Calanais stone circle in the Hebrides. It's a technique I learnt at the Cubby Hole, and it's a great way for non painters like me to get the bare-bones of a picture laid down. It's produced with 3 acrylics (yellow, blue & umber) with one or two spots of white highlights.
The next stage will be an ink wash, but as I only have black left it will need to wait until I restock.

11 comments:

  1. This is great! I love the photo and your version of it. The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!! Can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how to build the feeling of suspence!!! Can't wait to see the finished piece! ;) Hope you are well, my Friend! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the finished product Nigel.... love seeing a bit of your process xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so beautiful already! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is looking good! Like the background texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is delightfully moody and atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment.

    Your WIP has the right amount of shading and gives plenty of depth. (I need more depth in my work....need to be brave and splash on the darks and lights.)
    Stone circles are full of atmosphere aren't they??... and so is your rendition of this Hebridean one. It is lovely!

    I can't imagine it needs anything else adding...what will you do with the ink wash? Where will you put it; don't risk losing that incredible light that you have in there.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Nigel

    Thanks for visiting my blog, this is a return visit and I "Like" your work very much. You in Scotland?

    ft

    www.forwardtumble.com/daily

    PS you might want to activate the option of name/url for the comment section because I don't really do any of the options listed :-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks and sounds like a great technique Nigel...something I could certainly use

    I am having fun catching up with all of your creativity while I was away

    You've been busy!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.