Saturday 5 September 2009

The circle is complete

At long last my 'Wheel of the Year' journal is finally complete and ready for sending off (along with various other goodies).

This has taken me the best part of a year to complete. It originally started life as a project for myself to record my journey through the wheel, however it soon became a swap project with a friend. I received my journal a couple of weeks back, and I've been trying to get this finished so that I can 'balance the books' so to speak.

I've photographed all the pages but, with the exception of one that I
blogged a while back, I'm keeping them under wraps until they have been seen by the recipient. I will however let you see the covers, as she has already seen pics of them.

The 'Wheel of the Year' is a term used by Wiccans and some other pagans when referring to the cycle of the seasons through the year. It consists of 8 festivals which mark the solstices and equinoxes (quarter days) and four fire festivals (cross-quarter days). Although I don't follow the wheel as such, it was a useful yardstick to use for the journal as it gave me a set of way-points to use, and allowed me to understand some of the customs and beliefs behind the days.


4 comments:

  1. It looks very good...very,very good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fascinating post and some very gorgeous art work I might add!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really interesting and creative, what size is it? a lot of hard work gone into that, but I am sure you've enjoyed it and will feel a little sad to see it go, albeit to a good home ;o) look forward to seeing all the pages eventually

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an 8x8. Sad to see it go? Not really, you should see the one that I received :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.