Saturday 3 October 2009

Love like you've never been hurt

It's been one of those weeks. No time to sit down, constantly busy and wondering where the week has gone. And what have I achieved? Nothing. In fact it's more like the square root of nothing.
It should have been a good week at work, no poison dwarf and not much work. Except that what work there was went the way of the pear. Cue lots of irate phone calls and unresponsive suppliers. Oh well, there's always crafty stuff to help get over it - yeah, right! Monday was crop shop at the Cubby Hole and I decided I'd crack on with the 12 questions journal.
I wouldn't say I'm behind with it, but this is May's question, "What is your favourite quote?" I spent all evening working on it, came home and binned it. I think at that point my mojo took a sulk and left.
Fortunately today has been more creative and I've managed to finish it. I had started with:
"It's better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it" but although it fits me well, I couldn't scrap it, so went for "Love like you've never been hurt". A quick Google came up with the full quote, which was printed out on the two pages. I wanted it in the background so it was covered with a coat of Gesso and then coloured with distress inks, blended with a baby wipe to give a muted colour. After that the four main lines I wanted were added in a variety of ways. The pic for 'Sing like nobody is listening' is the little 'un and me singing along to a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band. Needless to say, the song is Freebird :)

I've also managed a card for my grandaughter's birthday. It's also my entry for a challenge on the CBC forum. It's a recipe card: 2 papers, 2 ribbons/cords, a button and mostly pink.
Right I'm now off to research spiders for a journal page, whilst enjoying a nice glass of red and some Pink Floyd.


2 comments:

  1. They're all lovely and I love your layering.

    I'm sorry that you had such a crap week :( It could have been worse with the Poison Dwarf around!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Nigel! I love the scrapbook sentiments, definitely we have to live/do whilst we can;o) I think your Granddaughter must be thrilled to have handmade cards from her G'dad; here's hoping the coming week will be better for you, Nettie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.