Sunday 29 July 2012

And now for something completely different.....

and it's nothing to do with Monty Python, it's the latest page in the 'Turn It Up' journal, and there's not a single electric guitar in site. It is, however, loud; Very, loud!


This page is inspired by the "Dies Irae" from Verdi's "Messa de Requiem" (Requiem Mass). The Dies Irae (or Day of wrath) is based on the Day of Judgement, and it's possibly one of the most powerful and stirring pieces of music ever written.

You'll want to turn this one up; but don't blame me if you have to buy new speakers!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal page... it's sort of creepy, mysterious and intense to me. And the music - definitely stirring and powerful. wow. Love the name of your journal, btw... (turn it up). xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nigel. I haven't been around for a long time so I had quite some catching up to do... LOVE your art based on music pieces, especially this last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the whole music based journal... you have great taste in music and it complements your artwork.... the requiem mass is cool, though the neighbours are probably thinking I am a bit mad as I have gone from blasting the Cranberries to this... all before 6 am!!!! If I get in to trouble I will send them your way...xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.