Saturday 13 June 2009

Learning the piano

Not the type you play, the one you read.

Another Saturday, and another excellent workshop at the Cubby Hole with Sue "Jabberwocky" Roddis. Today was another workshop continuing the theme of hand-made books. This week it was the turn of the Piano book, so called because the hinge looks like a piano hinge. In very basic terms it's several pieces of card held together with wooden skewers, but there's more to it than that. We started with an A6 size notebook, and then moved on to an A5 sized fully decorated book which would make an excellent card for somebody special. This is my finished book, and not a hint of brown or green anywhere :D

This week has been like working in kindergarten at times with certain people snitching about how much work other people aren't doing, or how long they are spending on lunch, or.......
Just when I'd reached the end of my tether, my faith in human nature was restored by a complete stranger. A few weeks ago I joined in a crafty swap on the forum at Crafts by Carolyn. Everybody else has received their swaps but mine never arrived so I assumed it had been lost in the post. Yesterday I received a call from a lady called Angelina. I bought some crafty bits from her last year on ebay, and I used the jiffy-bag for the CBC swap. When it was posted back Royal Mail managed to get the addresses mixed up and it went to her by mistake.
She could have kept it, or binned it, but instead she tracked down my number (I use my works address for ebay) and called me to see where I wanted it sending! I hope she includes her address as I have a nice thank you card and some chocolate to send - no good deed goes unpunished :)

Anyway, for those who are interested tonights menu is a nice Spanish Red, Evanescence and prepping B&W photos for CJ4. Such excitement ;)


2 comments:

  1. Well done to Angelina - glad you received your package in the end. I've been catching up with your recent crafting - lots of loveliness on here. x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.